Ekiti State Governor Ayodele Fayose on Friday released his predictions for 2017 even as he recalled his predictions for the outgoing year.
He said in a statement issued in Ado Ekiti: “Fellow Nigerians, remember I predicted 20 things that will be experienced this year 2016. Almost 90 percent of what the Holy Spirit led me to predict came to pass.
“The Holy Spirit has once again led me to tell Nigerians what may happen in 2017. We therefore need prayer to avert further calamities in Nigeria.
“May God help our country.”
Below are the predictions:
- 2017 will be a defining year for Nigeria as there will be major revolution and uprising against the Federal Government because of economic hardship.
- More judges perceived not to be doing the bidding of the Federal Government will be arrested and humiliated.
- Efforts will be made to prevent Hon. Justice Walter Onnoghen from being made the substantive Chief Justice of Nigeria (CJN).
- Dollar will go as high as N600 to $1.
- APC-led Federal Government will still not have solution to the economic problems of the country as the economy will move from recession to depression.
- About four ministers will be removed.
- There will be more pressure on President Muhammadu Buhari to sack the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) Governor, Mr Godwin Emefiele.
- Code of Conduct Tribunal (CCT) will absolve Senate President Bukola Saraki.
- Crisis in the APC will deepen as former Vice President, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar will officially show intention to leave the party and declare his intention to vie for the office of the president in 2019.
- A former Head of State/President may pass on.
- A new (major) party that will wrestle power from the APC will emerge.
- More Shi’ite Muslims will be killed and Federal Government will not release the Islamic Movement of Nigeria (IMN) leader, Ibrahim El-Zakzaky.
- Disobedience to court order and abuse of human rights will continue.
- Hardship will be more as poverty will continue to ravage the country.
- The academic community will further lose confidence in the APC-led Federal Government approach to the country’s economic and political challenges.
- Anambra State Governor, Willie Obiano will be re-elected.
- $29.9 Billion Loan: Federal Government will find it difficult to source the loan.
- EFCC: Magu may face prosecution.
- There will be boost in agriculture.
- Haliburton gate may still be revisited.
- There will be no solution to power problem as power generation will drop to all time low.
- Performance of the Federal Government 2017 Budget will be the worst in the history of Nigeria.
For the records: Fayose’s 2016 Predictions
Fellow Nigerians, I want you to take note of the followings that will unavoidably happen under the Buhari-led government in 2016.
- Workers Strike: There will be so much industrial unrest, especially in the first quarter of the year.
- Subsidy: There will be removal of fuel subsidy and petrol (PMS) will sell over and above N100/litre, leaving the masses in more serious hardship. Product will not be available and long queue in petrol stations will persist throughout the first quarter of 2016 and beyond.
- Electricity: Power generation will drop to the lowest ebb. Still, Federal Government will increase tariff in 2016.
- Unemployment: Millions of jobs will be lost in 2016 as against the three million jobs promised by the APC yearly. Most States and Federal Government will retrench workers as evident in the over 2,000 Federal University workers already sacked.
- Economic Policy: Most private owned middle-class businesses will fold up because of bad economic policies of the Buhari-led government.
- Devaluation: The Naira will continue to have a free fall which will take it to as low as N320 to one Dollar.
- Economy: The Buhari-led FG will have no solution to country’s economic problems.
- Security: Boko Haram will keep spreading and the Shiite Muslims will get more emboldened.
- Human Rights: Penchant for dictatorship will rise with rampant human rights abuses and disobedience to court orders.
- Anti-Corruption: Insincerity in the fight against corruption will continue and the fight will not only be selective and political, but targeted more at Southerners.
- Elections: Attempt to forcefully control any of the South South states of Akwa Ibom, Rivers and Bayelsa by the APC will lead to unprecedented deaths.
- Economy: Crude oil price will fall to below and about $30 per barrel.
- Anti-Press Laws: The masses, especially men of the media profession will rise against the FG’s plot to deny Nigerians of their rights to freedom of expression. There will wide condemnations by Nigerians and the International community against President Buhari’s human rights abuses and disobedience to court orders.
- Polity: Renewed efforts will be made to remove Senator Bukola Saraki as the Senate President; this will not only fail, but will heat the polity.
- Hardships: Nigerians will experience more hardships. The President himself attested to this (THE SUN newspaper Tuesday, December 15, 2015). This obviously negates the change Nigerians voted for.
- Elections: Plot by the APC to take control of at least one South South State will lead to death of many people. Particularly, rerun elections in Rivers and Akwa Ibom states will cause many deaths.
- Corruption: Halliburton scam may be revisited in 2016.
- Kogi State: Court will sack Governor-Elect, Yahaya Bello.
19a. Bayelsa State: Governor Seriake Dickson will win the supplementary election.
19b. Taraba State: Governor Darius Ishaku will be victorious at the Court.
- Politics: There will be subtle political alignment and realignment before the end of the year ahead of 2019 elections.
•Photo shows Governor Fayose.